Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Classes for me have been very busy! I have spent a great deal of time creating a Webquest and locating tools that will not make them look so boring. I ended up using Quest Garden which was very user friendly, but there was some technical difficulties with the site quite a bit. It became very important that you work ahead of time if you are faced with a deadline because the site is continuously experiencing difficulties.
After getting started on the Webquest I decided to teach to elementary school learners which was very different for me. The projects that I usually create are for college students, so that was new to me. I found myself having to return to various sections and simplify the wording in order for a elementary school student to be able to understand it.
In the end I think that it will be very successful and encourage students to become culturally competent. Students will be able to understand why each person looks differently and even speaks differently. It will help them understand and appreciate each other uniqueness.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment